Perfect for an easy weekday meal with a touch of elegance, this Truffle Mushroom Toast is an indulgent blend of umami, savory and herby flavors. Piled high with Summer Black Truffle Slices, a dollop of fresh burrata cheese, and mushrooms sautéed in butter and thyme, this dish beautifully marries many Italian delicacies together and will quickly become a favorite in your kitchen.
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 2 slices of preferred bread
- 1 jar Black Truffle Slices
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 ball of fresh burrata cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Clean mushrooms and add to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Let them brown and release some liquid.
2. After 5 minutes, add butter and thyme to the skillet and cook until mushrooms are tender, about another 5 minutes. Then transfer the mushrooms to a plate.
3. Next, coat each slice of bread with one tsp of olive oil and add to skillet. Cook for 2-3 min per side.
4. Spread half the serving ball of burrata to each slice of toast and then add the mushrooms on top.
5. Top with black truffle slices to taste and enjoy!