Transport yourself to the lush rolling hills of Tuscany with the taste of this twist on a classic Tuscan recipe - the Tuscan Focaccia with Finocchiona. The key to Tuscan cuisine is in its simplicity. Combining the best of Tuscan tastes, this recipe marries together earthy artichoke spread, sharp Grana Padano cheese, and spicy olive oil with the savory flavor of the traditional cured salami with fennel from Florence, Finocchiona, and held together with fluffy slices of focaccia.
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 4 slices focaccia bread
- 1 jar artichoke spread
- 8 oz finocchiona salami, sliced thin
- 1 block pecorino toscano cheese
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Slice each piece of focaccia in half, separating the top and bottom halves.
2. Thinly slice 12 pieces of pecorino toscano from the block of cheese (3 per panino).
3. On the bottom half of each piece of focaccia, layer the pecorino toscano cheese and salami.
4. Top each with a generous dollop of artichoke spread.
5. Finish with a drizzle extra virgin olive oil and pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
6. Press lightly to compact and enjoy!
Note: For a warm focaccia, toast in panini press or oven until golden brown or cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.