Stealing the crown from last year's much-beloved Negroni Sbagliato, this Orange Balsamic Gin drink is the Italian sip of the summer. Whether enjoyed as a mocktail or transformed into a cocktail with a splash of your preferred spirit, this satisfyingly herbaceous and slightly sweet drink is the perfect summer beverage. The titular ingredient, our Orange Balsamic Gin, is an innovation from Italian artisan Acetaia Leonardi that marries the Balsamic Vinegar of Modena with a blend of herbs and spices - the same necessary for the distillation of the traditional gin - into a result that's ever so pleasant on the palate. Shop all the recipe essentials in our Bartenders Kit gift box.
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 2 oz Orange Balsamic Gin
- 6 oz Tonic Water
- 1 Lemon
- Ice as preferred
- 1 Glass Tumbler
- Optional: 2 oz of Vodka or preferred liquor
1. Add large ice cube, or ice as preferred, to a chilled or room temperature glass tumbler.
2. Pour orange balsamic gin, then tonic water into the glass and gently mix to combine.
3. Slice one lemon peel, and shape into a twist.
4. Rub the lemon twist around the edge of the glass, then drop into the glass.
5. Sip and Enjoy!
Note: To make into a cocktail, add 2 oz of Vodka or other preferred liquor during Step 2.